Monday, December 31, 2012
There are lots of things I am thankful to God for my 2012.
First, is simply because that the world didn’t end and second, I am alive! 😀
I want to start this blog by saying, what if I never dared to get out?
If I didn’t started to challenged myself and let people dictates for what I should become. Would I arrived at the places I least expected myself to be?
I am really thankful for what change 2012 had given me.
A life is too short if we don’t live it the way we should have lived it. I did saw God’s love for us wherever my feet took me.
I am very grateful for the companions that had been part of my adventures,
(lein, daisy, avi, fe, may, divina, bernadette, jc, mami, florielyn, sunshine, marion, julius, FB friends, tour guides, ate fe’s relatives and friends, etc.)
including every person unnamed I met along my trails. Many thanks from the bottom of my heart.
Here are the list of why my 2012 had been awesome:
My Dream Places to Visit
When I was younger I really wanted to see the Rice Terraces in Ifugao,
it is very famous back then as one of the seven wonders of the world.
I dream of teaching there and be one to plant rice in their vast fields.
Yet, I haven’t been there. One main reason for the delay is the long-road to travel and the lack of a good companion to tag along.
Now, given the chance for plane tickets sales made me decide to travel first in VisMin instead of Luzon, and lucky timing to have good friends who enjoys adventures, too. I prioritize the places that captures my interest. 🙂
Here are the lists of the many places I’ve seen this year:
1. Cebu: Sky Experience Adventure @ the Crown Regency Hotel and Towers: Sky Walk Extreme, Edge Coaster, Tow Zip and Cable Lift
2. Bohol: Danao Adventure Park, Dagohoy Monument, Chocolate Hills, Man-Made Forest, Tarsier Conservation Area, Loboc Hanging Bridge, Loboc Floating reastaurant at Loboc River and the Baclayon Church
3. Quezon National Forest Park, Atimonan, Quezon: Mt. Pinagbanderahan and Bantakay Falls
– Kalibo: Visit the relatives of Dadi, Bakawan Eco-Park, Gaisano Mall
– Libacao: cross Libacao River, Hacienda Alejandra
– Caticlan: Visit Boracay, Island Cove, Puka beach
– Davao del Sur: Eden Nature Park, Phil. Eagle Center, Malagos Garden, Penong’s Grill, People’s Park, Camp Sabros, Kapatagan: Zip line and Cable Lift, Kublai Park and Jack’s Ridge Restaurant
– Davao del Norte: Samal Island: Hagimit Falls, Maxima Aqua Fun and Monfort Bat Cave
7. Cagayan de Oro: Capitol Univeristy Museum, Gaisano Mall, Macahambus Cave and Zip-line, Tree-top, Rapeling Adventure Park
8. Camiguin Island: Katibawasan Falls, Ardent Hinok-Hibok Spring Resort, White Island, Old Volcano, Walkway to the Old Volcano and stations of the Cross, Old Church Ruins, Sunken Cemetery, and Giant Clam Sanctuary.
9. Puerto Princesa Palawan: Baker’s Hill, Ihawig Firefly & Bakawan Eco-park, Ka inato, Palawan Museum, Palawan Public Library, Mendoza Park, Ugong Rock Adventure Zip-line and Spelunking, Sabang Beach, Monkey Trail, Puerto Princesa Underground River, Tiange, Kinabuch Grill and restaunrant, Honda Bay: Pambato Reef, Luli Island, Cowrie Island, Chinese-Buddhism Temple, City Baywalk, Plaza Cuartel, Immaculate Concepcion Cathedral, Plaza Cuartel, Special WW-II Batallion Museum and Noki Nocs.
I had fun with different zip-lines:
One day, I just realized I just want to jump, let go and simply fly. 🙂
– Suislide @ Danao, Bohol
– Ugong Rock Adventure Zip-line @ Tagbinet, Puerto Princesa, Palawan
– Macahambus Zip-line @ Cagayan de Oro
– Camp Sabros Zip-line @ Digos City, Davao del Sur
– Tower Zip & Sky Lift @ Sky Experience Adventure, Crown Regency Hotel and Towers, Cebu City
– La Mesa Ecopark Zip-line @ Quezon City
Museum Trips and the like
1. Mind Museum @ Taguig
2. Capitol University Museum @ Cagayan de Oro
3. Q.C. Science Interactive Museum @ Pag-asa, Q.C.
4. NIDO Science Discovery Center @ MOA
5. Robot Zoo @ MOA
6. National Museum of the Filipino People @ Manila
7. Museo Pambata @ Manila
8. Palawan Museum @ Puerto Princesa, Palawan
Amusement and Entertainment
2012 had made me not just travel places but also gave me time to bond with my Mami and friends. I really want to explore and encouter new things. I want to revisit the old places I’ve already been to. I want to see all the movies in cinemas and old movies I had missed. And here are some of my 2012 compilations of events:
1. ECOPARK EXTREME: TOgether with my UP classmates, we did paintball firing, wall climbing and double zip-lining. (Jan. 21)
2. MUSIC BANK: Sing-a-Long with Lein, Daisy and Avi @ Timog. That is my first time to visit Timog. hehehe…
3. OCEAN PARK with Mami: We visited their main attractions namely Oceanarium, sea lion show, jellies, fish spa, the trails of Antartica, snow village and musical fountain show.
4. ASIAN GHOST HOUSE @ OCEAN PARK: Together with Daisy and Lein, we celebrated Halloween. By just running and screaming.
5. MANILA ZOO
6. KINDER ZOO
7. STAR CITY
Food Party and Pigging-Out
the love for good food. How come it is easier to have relationship with food than with people? LOL. Here are some of the few list of new places and new food and beverages I had for 2012.
Warning: Some are highly addictive.
RESTAURANT OF CHOICE
CAKES, CAKES, CAKES for my 26th Birthday
So Many First Time
2012 made me experienced many first and here are the good list:
1. First flight in an airplane (with my own memory).
When I was 1-year old we did went to Aklan but I don’t have a memory of it, so technaically I can’t call it my first flight.
so, the first flight happened jan 7, 2012. In NAIA 3 bound to CEBU.
2. First Sand Dollar
A science teacher always encounter the term sand dollar, it is an animal.
Yet, when I did first saw it at Luli Island, Palawan… I never knew that it was already it. 🙂
I just thought a shell with a star. LOL!
3. First Ride in a Fast Craft and Barge
I don’t know how to swim but I never feared travelling thru seas.
And these two first times had made me call all the angels and my God. hehe…
– The fast craft encountered a huge wave caused by the crossing Super Ferry. Huge waves slammed. I thought we are going to die.
– The Barge from Camiguin Island to CDO, to rocky with water waves caused by bad weather. And We had brought along 22 Kilos of Lanzones back and
we are already thinking how to save the box full of lanzones, just in case the barge sinks. LOL!
4. First time to be late in a flight and have to rebook it.
Yeah! Waste of money! We are bound to CDO but I was late because of the long line of people to ride the MRT. 😦
5. First Paulo Coelho
I was a huge fan of the Alchemist but I just borrowed it when I had read it, and same with The Pilgrimage.
This time, I had Aleph. My first of his book.
6. First Tree-Top Adventure
I had always wanted to try this in Subic. Lucky, there is also in CDO @ MAcahambus Adventure Park and I had my uncle (Tito Rey) and his co-worker to join me in my adventure. 🙂
7. First Tree Rapeling
A century old tree. A rapel. It all happened in CDO. 🙂
Rapeling down a old and very tall tree.
Amazing view and experience!
8. First Spelunking
– Island Cove @ Boaracay, Aklan. Not so much for a cave but still a cave. Followed by Macahambus Cave and Ugong Rock.
9. First Climb
I thought I would never make it alive. The climb happened in Sierra Madre Mountains, with my college friends we went to see Mt. Pinagbanderahan.
it was a fun experience and very new to me. Met lots of good people from different walks of life but with one passion to travel and seek addventure.
It was really great and I would like to try it again soon.
10. First Waterfalls
The Bantakay falls after our Mt. Pinagbaderahan trasnverse. Very Magical moment, I just couldn’t believe what was before my eyes.
I wish had swam acrooss it but I was too chicken to dare. But stil the memories of it lingers to every corners of me. 🙂
11. First Director’s Cut Movie
Nothing so special just a movie while seating on a very soft couch. Entertainment with luxury. LOL!
12. First Credit Card
Oh yeah! CC! But I don’t use it, I am so scared to buy something I had no money intended for buying anything.
I knew myself – a compulsive buyer. So, I don’t dare use it.
13. First to Save
It is my very first time to save with a real passbook and not just piggy banks. Though, I still have 4 piggy banks. LOL!
14. First SLEEP OVER in an AIRPORT?
January 07, 2012: It was my first time to sleep in the benches of an airport together with my friends (Lein, Daisy and Avi).
From midmight to 5 A.M., just to make sure it was safe for four girls to travel cebu. 🙂
15. First Time in that “H-O-T-E-L”
Together with Lein, Daisy and Avi, we entered and experienced “THE HOTEL”.
Well, it seems ordinary to me and no mirriors just like the said rumors.
Just for fun, we did try to stay there. It was a short good stay. hehehe…
16. First Time to Handle a Graduation Ceremony
This is one scary thing to do. Though there are ready scripts and program, the nervousness is still there.
Simply because something like a graduation is a very memorable event, I just don’t want to ruin it.
All is well, the program is still a success eventhough it had been rained on.
17. First Time for Paintball
I enjoyed this game with my UP (Masteral) classmates. I wish the other team was aggressive like us and would fire on us.
I wasn’t even shot but we did lose. LOL! We run out of paint bullets. hahaha…
18. First Time to see Penguins
I saw them at Trails to Antartica at the Manila Ocean Park. They are so cute and they glide so swiftly in the waters and ice.
Amazing creature. I started to like them for the fact that they only mate with one and only penguin their entire lifetime. 🙂
19. First Time to Watch a Recital in a Folkbar
Thanks to May Manla for tagging me along to watch her tutees to perform a guitar recital.
20. First Time to try LazerXtreme
It was a fun game to play. Using censor and lights, it is the newest way to play baril-barilan. hehehe…
21. First Time to Enter a Chineese-Buddhism Temple
I was so amazed to see gigantic Buddha and other golden statues. I wish next time, there could be someone telling me facts about all of it. I am out of words for I don’t have a clue of what I had seen inside. >.
I had so many things to write…. but it’s 10 minutes before 12:00Am.
Got to leave my purple now. See you next year!