For the love of exploration, we walk into the busy grounds of Roxas Boulevard, Luneta Park and Intramuros. This happens for 5-days of which attending a seminar in the morning and 5-days of exploring Manila in the afternoon (5 PM-onward). This is a part of the 5-Days Manila Challenge.
After the seminar, we tried again walking along Roxas Boulevard and decided to continue walking to reach Intramuros. It was a long walk but with my girls being so energetic and so bubbly, it was certainly one great adventure.
Long walk from Roxas Boulevard and Crossing the Busy Streets: Manila Hotel, Seeing Civil Guards and Random Things, we finally arrived.
Trivia About Intramuros:
- In Latin, Intramuros literally “within the walls”, meaning within the wall enclosure of the city.
- In 1951, Intramuros was declared a National Historical Monument.
- There 8 entrances in Intramuros.
- Most famous destination inside is the For Santiago.
It was not my first time in Intramuros, I think this was my third time here, but I haven’t explored it all yet still. My personal favorite was climbing up to the walls and enjoy the city view of Manila. I took my friends here… I want to make this tour memorable for them.
A must-see and must try in Intramuros:
- Historical Sites: Fort Santiago, Postigo del Palacio, Puerta de Santa Lucia, Baluartillo de San Jose and Reducto de San Pedro, Baluarte de San Diego, Puerta Real and Revellin de Real del Bagumbayan, Baluarte de San Andres, Baluarte de San Francisco de Dilao, Puerta del Parian and Revellin del Parian, Baluarte de San Gabriel, and Puerta de Isabel II.
- Plaza, Monuments, Buildings: Plaza de Roma, Ayuntamiento, Palacio del Gobernador, Plaza Moriones, Plaza México, Plaza Sto. Tomas, and Plazuela de Sta. Isabel.
- Churches: Minor Basilica of the Immaculate Conception (Manila Cathedral) and San Agustín Church.
- Museums: Bahay Tsinoy, Casa Manila, Light and Sound Museum, Rizal Shrine, and San Agustín Museum.
- Ruins: Intendencia (Aduana) and San Ignacio Church.
It was already dark and our innards is in the state of revolution, so we decided to get out of Intramuros for some street food trip.